After smartphones, Samsung washing machine explodes

Share

A family in Texas claimed that their Samsung washing machine exploded last weekend, however, luckily no one was injured in the explosion.

The victim Faisal Nuree claimed that he heard a sudden loud boom, which his family thought came from somewhere outside. They later discover that the sound came from their own home as their washing machine had exploded.

He said, “It was a boom sound and my wife thought maybe something fell from the sky. We came here and saw what happened. It completely blew up.” The force from the blast pushed the washing machine away from the wall and blew off the top of the unit.

They said that at the time of explosion, numerous metal pieces were bursting out of it. Fortunately the room where the machine was located was empty. Nuree said, “If people were here, especially my kids, it could have been deadly.”

Moreover, what’s interesting is that before the accident, Nurre’s wife put a mattress pad inside the machine. However, Samsung’s disclaimer on the machine clearly states ‘only was bedding/waterproof items … Using other cycle may cause the washer’s top to suddenly detach from the machine causing serious injury’. This clearly shows putting a mattress pad inside the washer was not a good idea in the first place, wrote Tech Juice.

However, Samsung is reportedly in touch with the victimized family. A statement by Samsung as posted by Digital Trends states, “Samsung regrets the experience the Nuree family had and takes reported product concerns very seriously. We have reached out to learn more about what happened and to resolve the matter to their satisfaction. Samsung strongly encourages any customer who has experienced an issue with a Samsung product or authorized service visit to immediately contact us at 1-866-264-5636 or at samsung.com/us/tlw.”

This incident is not a first one of its kind. Back in November 2016, the South-Korean company recalled three million washing machines after complaints. However, Nuree’s family claims that they didn’t receive any recall notice.


Share